Sunday, July 01, 2007

In Loving Memory of Vijay
04.04.1987-26.06.2007
A Brother & A Friend
You would be sorely missed by all
vijay was 1 of my closest friends back in secondary school. jus thinking about him brings back a lot of fond memories of our times in secondary school. or rather, most of my happiest and fun times in secondary school derives from him. all the troubles that we went through together jus for the fun of it. all the blood and sweat that we sweated for NCC (AIR). these are memories that would stay with me forever now that he is no longer with us.
his death was a blow to me. when i was told the news on tuesday. i thought that alvin was pulling my leg as Vijay was in hospital the previous week and the doctor said that he had a good chance of recovery. i was shocked when i learned that it was true. all the memories jus flowed back. without him, i think i wouldnt be the guy that i am today.
it only seemed like yesterday that i got to know vijay where we were classmates & platoon mates in St. Gab's. and in the blink of an eye, 8 years have past and he is now no longer with us. moving on to a much better place, into God's Kingdom in Heaven.
it was heart wretching for me as i recalled the times that we spent together, the moments that we shared. the laughters, the tears, the joy. the sadness, the pain that we experience together. and as i saw him lay in the coffin when i attended his funeral, sadness engulfed me. i was holding back my tears as i saw lying before me, a good friend of mine. i wasn't there when he breathe his last. i wasn't there when he was in hospital. i could only feel regret and sorrow that i wasnt there for him when he needed us and tat i have failed as a friend towards him. i fought to get my leave so that i could see him for a final time. and as i watched the coffin rolled on into the flames. i jus couldnt hold back my tears. 8years of friendship ended by fire. that was 1 of the saddest points in my life. and this is 1 of those moments that i would always remember.
to those that know him, his death has left a gap in our lives. a gap which could be never be filled. things would never be the same again without him. all the times that we spend together are now jus memories that we would hold dear.
I miss you, bro & i pray that you would be in a much better place. there are many things that i want to say about vijay. but i think enough is being said. the value he is to me could never be measured, never be understood. it jus hurts me to carry on......
Thanks Bro! for all that you have done & the fond memories of my teenagehood that you have given me. You would be remembered always!

No comments:

i think i am like having insomia for the past few days man. alot of things on my mind. jus that i cant really seem to find an answer and a s...