Sunday, April 09, 2006

Presenting to You: The 7 Deadly Sins

All of which i must humbly admit that i am guilty of :))

7 Deadly Sins

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

I must admit that i have alot of pride in me. Pride for my unit, pride for my abilities, pride for my cadets. i guess i am quite a prideful person especially when it comes to NCC. i hate it when people question my ability or have doubts over it. there is a fine line between being prideful or confident and i think i am just threading thinly on that line. i always take pride in everything that i set my mind to do. and i hate losing coz of this pride that i have in me. and i have so much pride that i blatantly refuse to know or jio any girls that my friends were once interested in or have interest in and have already made a move as i consider it "secondhand" guess that sorts of explain things. there is simply too much pride in me for my own good. like they say "pride comes before a fall" hope that do not happen to me.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

well, i am never envious. so it is quite hard to think of situations that i happen to be envious.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

who's not a glutton? it is human nature to take more than you can possibly consume. haha. take food for example. who wants less? everyone wants more. same can be said about me too. i do consume more than it was require especially during that period after O Levels.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

haha. this is a sin which i am definitely guilty of. which guys will not lust after girls or material wealth? there are so many things to lust about and i think the top thing that i lust after is what that has eluded me for quite a few years already. to get it would probably be fill up the missing piece in my life.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

i seldom get angry, jus plain irritated at times. but when those few times i do get irritated according to those that have seen me in fury before claim that it was the scariest thing that they have ever encountered. it was like hell unleashed. hmmm the last time that i got really angry would probably be during last year June Spec Course. i really lost my cool and end up making a few cadets cry. bleahs. you must be thinking bastard rite? haha.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness

well, i am greedy. greedy for success, greedy for food. lol. i am quite ambitious by nature but somehow when i come to MI, i am not that ambitious or rather i can't be bothered about the politics or things that are happening in school. my ambition could probably best be seen in NCC, i pass out wanting to be somebody and i have went a long way to achieving it. now i am indeed somebody and not a nobody like some of the others. haha. you can say that it is this greed that drives me on to aim beyond the sun.

the best example would be wei liang. regardless of what he does, he would always be in alvin's and my shadow. he lack the ability and the drive to take him far. For Alvin, he is a glider pilot and a respected, well known CLT and me, i was the ex Air OIC, supernumery with a few connections here and there. wei liang could never emualate us. take for example, the recent camp feast, the few times that i do open my mouth and speak, it carries more weight than what wei liang as OIC said. haha. guess that is pride. oops.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

haha. this happens all the time man. i try to avoid doin physical work whenever possible. especially the lifting up of the dreaded pen to do homework. that is something that i would like to avoid at all cause. i am a downright lazy dude. haha, i do avoid goin to church somethings too. so ya. haha. i guess i would probably win the award of the Laziest Person on Earth.

No comments:

i think i am like having insomia for the past few days man. alot of things on my mind. jus that i cant really seem to find an answer and a s...